Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Seussical

Dr. Seuss is in my opinion a genius. Maybe and quite possibly one of the smartest people ever. All month my students have been reading Dr. Seuss books, interpreting them, creating their own wacky stories, etc. Every book we read in class and every activity they did on their own was a gift. While reading stories out loud to them it felt as though no one in our room was even blinking. They were so enthralled in the stories and the work they got to do with them.

Today after all of our preparation we headed off to see The Seussical at Clowes Hall. It was awesome! The kids were mesmerized and they seemed to have a blast. I was so proud of the connections they made between the play and the stories. At times I even heard them within the crowd of people saying the lines with the actors because they knew what wacky line would be coming next. It was such a blast! I really enjoyed hearing the giggles and seeing the smiles on their faces. What a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment